Canon EF-S 17-85mm IS USM Lens
- EF-S Mount Lens
- 27-136mm (35mm Equivalent)
- Aperture Range: f/4-32
- Aspherical Lens Element
- Optical Image Stabilization
- Ultrasonic Autofocus Motor
- Manual Focus Override
- Truly Circular Diaphragm
- Minimum Focus Distance: 1.2'
- 67mm Filter Thread Diameter
he EF-S 17-85mm f/4-5.6 IS USM Lens from Canon is a lightweight, compact all-purpose "standard" zoom lens with a focal length equivalent to 27-136mm in the 35mm format. It is compatible with DSLR cameras that use the APS-C format and provides a versatile set of focal lengths from wide-angle to telephoto.
This lens features Canon's optical Image Stabilization technology, providing up to a 3-stop compensation for image blur caused by camera shake at slow shutter speeds. A ring-type ultrasonic autofocus motor provides fast and silent autofocus action and full-time manual focus is supported even when in the AF mode.
Designed specifically for digital photography, it has a 17 element, 12 group construction, including one double-sided aspherical element for reduced aberrations and crisp, high contrast corner-to-corner detail. Canon's specialized lens coatings suppress ghosting and flare and an optional dedicated lens hood can further reduce the incidence of flare. A rounded 6-blade aperture provides pleasing out-of-focus backgrounds when shooting with a shallow depth of field.
- Uses optics made to take full advantage of the small image circle and short back focus in EF-S lenses designed for APS-C format cameras.
- Image Stabilizer gives equivalent effect of a shutter speed three stops faster during hand-held shooting.
- Ring-type ultrasonic autofocus motor (USM) provides quiet, fast, precision auto focusing and predictive tracking.
- Manual focus override allows precise manual focus control even when shooting in AF mode.
- Aspherical lens elements minimize aberrations for high image quality at all focal lengths.
- Optimized lens coating minimizing flare and ghosting prone to occur with digital cameras.
- Circular aperture diaphragm produces brilliant out-of-focus characteristics