Sony HDRAS100V/W Video Camera (White)
- Record up to 1080 60p (50 Mbps) Video
- Capture 13.5MP Stills with Photo Mode
- Back-Illuminated Exmor R CMOS Sensor
- Built-In GPS & Wi-Fi Connectivity
- One-Touch NFC Smartphone Pairing
- Splash-Resistant Body with Tripod Mount
- Included Housing is Waterproof to 16.4'
- SteadyShot Image Stabilization
- HDMI Output & Stereo Microphone Input
- Memory Stick Micro & MicroSD/SDHC Slot
Sony HDR-AS100 Overview
The compact Sony HDR-AS100V POV Action Cam is designed for point-of-view (POV) shooting during action sports including skiing, snowboarding, skateboarding, surfing, motocross, skydiving, mountain biking and other outdoor adventure sports. Compared to its predecessor, the HDR-AS30, the HDR-AS100V features a body that is splash resistant even when not in the underwater housing. It supports up to Full HD 1080/60p XAVC S video at 50 Mbps. It also supports other shooting modes including multiple slow motion modes. You can shoot 1280 x 720p slow motion video at 100 or 120 fps, and 800 x 480 slow motion video at 200 or 240 fps. The camera can also capture 13.5MP still images when using the photo mode.
The HDR-AS100V features built-in Wi-Fi with One Touch NFC pairing capability. This means that Wi-Fi and NFC enabled smartphones and tablets can pull optimized movies and photos from the HDR-AS100V without a cable. Once the video is copied onto your mobile device, you can use its 3G or 4G mobile broadband connection to email movies to friends and family or upload your footage to social media sites like Facebook and YouTube. The HDR-AS100V also features built-in GPS, which allows you to add a geographical narrative to your movies and photos.
On top of being inherently splash resistant, for full waterproofing Sony includes a ruggedized waterproof housing with the HDR-AS100V. For added convenience, the waterproof housing has a universal tripod mount. Plus, the camera body includes a tripod mount accessory and it is splash proof as well. The camera's housing is waterproof down to a depth of 16.4' and shockproof from falls up to 5'. The camera is also dirt and dust resistant, which makes it nearly impervious to mud, snow, rain, sand and grime. The HDR-AS100V is equipped with a 170° ultra-wide angle ZEISS Tessar lens and a back-illuminated Exmor R CMOS image sensor as well.
Other convenient features on the HDR-AS100V include HDMI connectivity and a built-in stereo microphone for capturing high-quality audio. It's outfitted with a card slot that supports Memory Stick Micro cards and microSD/SDHC cards (a class 10 or higher microSDXC card is required to record XAVC S). The card slot supports expandable external memory for virtually endless recording. To compensate for camera shake that's typical when shooting POV sports action, the HDR-AS100V even features SteadyShot image stabilization with Active Mode.
- SteadyShot Image Stabilization with Active Mode
- SteadyShot image stabilization allows smooth image shooting while the user is in motion. With the HDR-AS100V Action Cam, the image stabilizer digitally compensates for minute rapid vibrations that are typically caused by bicycle/motorcycle motion.
- Splash Proof Body
- The HDR-AS100V Action Cam was built with an improved splash proof body (IPX4-class). Enjoy carefree use of the camera outside of its included housing - even in rainy weather or splash-prone situations. With a universal tripod screw mount accessory included for the HDR-AS100V Action Cam itself, you can easily attach the camera directly to a tripod.
- Wi-Fi Connectivity for Control and Streaming
- The Wi-Fi link allows you to:
- Control the camera and monitor a video feed from a mobile device
- Control and monitor up to five cameras using a single, separately available RMT-VR1 Live View Remote
- When tethered to a device that has an Internet connection, stream live to the U-Stream website
- Pair the camera with an NFC-enabled mobile device simply by tapping the two together
- Shoot Pro-Quality XAVC S 60p (50 Mbps) Video
- Pro-quality XAVC S Full HD 1080p recording with a high 50 Mbps bit-rate enables the HDR-AS100V to capture quick action with smooth image motion. The HDR-AS100V also supports 24p high-speed 120 fps and 240 fps shooting with sound. Additionally, users can shoot video in the easily shareable MP4 HD format, which is ideal for the web.
- Motion Shot LE Mode
- Allows you to capture traces of a moving subject in one image so that it appears to be a continuous picture.
- Burst Shooting and Self-Timer
- Shoot busts of still photos at up to 10 fps. You can set a timer with a delay of 2 or 10 seconds before the camera starts taking photos.
- Plot Location & Display Telemetry with Built-In GPS
- Built-in GPS can be used in conjunction with the included PlayMemories Home software to make viewing and sharing videos fun and easy. Location and trail information, as well as speed information, add more layers for analyzing your performance. Location, trail and speed info can even be displayed on your video.
- Built-In Stereo Microphone for Quality Sound Recording
- The HDR-AS100V Action Cam's built-in stereo microphone allows you to capture all the exciting sounds of your adventure.
- Exmor R CMOS Image Sensor
- Experience enhanced low-light sensitivity thanks to improved image clarity and drastically reduced grain with Sony's back-illuminated Exmor R CMOS sensor.
- Ultra-Wide 170° Pro-Quality ZEISS Tessar Lens
- With an ultra-wide angle ZEISS Tessar lens, you can increase your perspective thanks to a 170° viewing angle while you venture out and capture views of dynamic terrain including ski slopes, mountain trails, and more.
- Capture 13.5MP Still Images in Photo Mode
- Put your HDR-AS100V Action Cam in photo mode and capture high-quality 13.5MP still images with a single press of the button.
- Memory Stick Micro & MicroSD/SDHC Compatible
- The HDR-AS100V Action Cam supports expandable memory thanks to a memory card slot that supports Memory Stick Micro cards and microSD/SDHC cards.
- Built-In Stereo Microphone
- A built-in stereo microphone allows you to capture exciting stereo sound to match your adventure.
- HDMI Output for Easy File Transfer
- The HDR-AS100V Action Cam's HDMI output allows you to share your video with friends and family on your HDTV (micro HDMI cable required/not included).
- BIONZ X image processor
- Multi-segment metering modes
- Auto exposure settings
- Auto and underwater scene modes
- Supports noise reduction
- Auto white balance mode
- Auto backlight compensation
- Date/time stamp
- Media/battery indicator provides recordable time and remaining capacity
- Airplane mode
- BRAVIA Sync
- Stereo mini-jack microphone input